BLACK BOX SOUNDS PRESENTS:
MAY 13 & 14 AT THE PARAMOUNT
Black Box Sounds is an ArtsEmerson concert series that features up and coming, critically acclaimed artists from Boston and New York, working to bring local music back to Downtown Boston.
SAT, MAY 14
Neiel Israel is an internationally acclaimed poet, vocalist, and arts educator. Emerging from the Boston spoken-word scene, she quickly distinguished herself as a powerful, and lyrical poetic voice. With her captivating voice she is currently a member of The 2016 Boston Poetry Slam Team and five-time national slam poet of the Lizard Lounge (2011-2015) as well as the Lizard Lounge Representative for (2011) Women of the World Poetry Slam.
Visit Neiel Israel's website.
Nadia Washington is a singer songwriter hailing from Dallas, Texas who has performed with esteemed artist such as Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway and George Duke. Since the release of her EP singles, Nadia has toured Europe and Russia/Siberia. At the age of 26, Nadia had the pleasure of working as a background singer, songwriter for Dianne Reeves’ Beautiful Life Album this year, which received a Grammy for Best Jazz Vocals in 2014.
Visit Nadia Washington's website.
- Location: Jackie Liebergott Black Box in Emerson/Paramount Center
- Featured Performances: American Symphony of Soul, Nadia Washington, Neiel Israel, DJ Daz One
- Ticket Prices: $10 in advance - $12 day of show
- Doors: 7:30PM | Music: 8PM | 18+
Co-Presented by The BAMS Collective
- The Boston Art & Music Soul Collective is an arts and cultural organization comprised of entrepreneurs and artists who create and support events and programs that promote arts, music and culture to and from communities of color across. Additionally, we support creative platforms that edutain, engage and provide a better way of life for the artists and citizens we serve across Greater Boston and New England.
- For more information visit bamsfest.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter | Instagram | Facebook: @BamsFest