“THE MOST WILDLY INSPIRING theatrical undertaking thus far this season” – Joyce's Choices
“A deliriously lighthearted love story” – The Boston Globe
“An exhilarating and heartfelt journey…do not miss this one!” – Broadway World
Kat is a stressed-out single mom trying to make it as a working artist. After her son’s absentee father takes off on tour with a Journey cover band, Kat is fired from her day job as a video game composer and stays up for 36 hours straight. On an insomnia induced whim, she logs onto a dating website where she is contacted by none other than the legendary arctic explorer, Ernest Shackleton!
Complete with quirky original songs and a dazzling multimedia set, Ernest Shackleton Loves Me is a new, geeky, high-tech musical adventure about how a little strength and determination can help us overcome any odds.
- American Sign Language interpreted performance: SAT, OCT 3 @ 2PM
- Audio Described performance: SUN, OCT 4 @ 2PM
- Location: Emerson/Paramount Mainstage
- Ages: 14+
- Run Time: 90 minutes with no intermission
- Presented with special arrangement by Matthew Kwatinetz
- Book by: Joe DiPietro
- Music by Brendan Milburn and Lyrics by Valerie Vigoda
- Directed by Lisa Peterson with Musical Direction by Ryan O’Connell
- Featuring: Valerie Vigoda and Wade McCollum