AUDIENCES WANTED FOR HAZARDOUS JOURNEY
One of the most famous ads of all time, placed by explorer Ernest Shackleton is probably a fake. Here's why we love it.
2015 marks 100 years since Shackleton's boat, Endurance, became trapped in an ice floe in the Weddell Sea on January 19, 1915. Endurance was finally abandoned in October of that year and eventually sank on November 21, 1915. The web site Shackleton 100 documents the ill-fated Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition.
- American Sign Language interpreted performance - SAT, OCT 3 @ 2PM
- Audio Described performance - SUN, OCT 4 @ 2PM
- Location: Emerson/Paramount Mainstage
- Ages: 14+
- Run Time: 90 minutes with no intermission
- Presented with special arrangement by: Matthew Kwatinetz
- Book by: Joe DiPietro
- Music by Brendan Milburn and Lyrics by Valerie Vigoda
- Directed by Lisa Peterson with Musical Direction by Ryan O’Connell
- Featuring: Valerie Vigoda and Wade McCollum