Cafe Kapish - A Sign Language Pre-Show Demonstration
Join us in the Randall Lobby before the performance and enter the world of communication without words. Using a combination of American Sign Language (ASL) and Israeli Sign Language (ISL), members of the Nalaga'at Theatre Ensemble will engage audiences in a dialogue with a language that until now may have been unfamiliar. This delightful interaction gives a peak into the experience of the Nalaga’at Center’s Café Kapish which is staffed by deaf and hearing-impaired waiters. Demonstrations will take place in the Randall Lobby 40 minutes before each performance of Not By Bread Alone.
Post-Performance Discussions WED, APR 02 – SUN, APR 06
Please join us in the theater immediately following the performances of NOT BY BREAD ALONE to hear more about the process of making and touring this complex and beautiful production.
- Location: Emerson/Paramount Center Mainstage
- Created by: Nalaga’at Theater Deaf-Blind Acting Ensemble
- Conceived and Directed b: Adina Tal
- Production Sponsor: Claudia and Kevin Bright
- Series: Pioneer, Family
- Ages: 10+
- Running Time: 90 minutes with no intermission
- Language: Performed in Hebrew with English supertitles
- Not by Bread Alone performances include a section where the audience is invited to partake in the eating of bread. To best serve our patrons with food allergies, here is a list of the ingredients: Sugar, Yeast, Flour, Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Grape Leaves, Pomegranate Juice, Paprika, Coriander, Salt