“Ernest Shackleton Loves Me chases a delightfully impossible dream.”
“A deliriously lighthearted love story”
"The musical defies cynicism and revels in its celebration of ‘full-fledged optimism.’”Read The Boston Globe’s preview of Ernest Shackleton Loves Me here
“THE MOST WILDLY INSPIRING theatrical undertaking thus far this season”
“Valerie Vigoda…attacks the electric violin and percussion like a wild woman”
“I was moved by the blinding can-do optimism of it all and was on my feet applauding with the rest of the audience.”
"DO NOT MISS ERNEST SHACKLETON LOVES ME. You will LOVE IT!"
“The technological elements amplify the inherent theatricality of the surreal nature of Ernest Shackleton Loves Me”
“[Shackleton’s] inspirational messages come through loud and clear.”
“It's immersive and mercurial, and a little bit like you imagine a play by performance artist and musician Laurie Anderson might be.”
“Ice packs crush ships, puppies die, heroes find themselves trapped with snowstorms sweeping, and all sorts of dire things happen -- but nobody on this stage is ready to give up.”
"Wildly quirky in its contemporary style and tone, “Ernest Shackleton Loves Me” is an intrepid new musical"
"Packs plenty of history, adventure and exhilarating songs into a mere 90 minutes."
"The most delightful new musical in many a season"
- American Sign Language interpreted performance - SAT, OCT 3 @ 2PM
- Audio Described performance - SUN, OCT 4 @ 2PM
- Location: Emerson/Paramount Mainstage
- Ages: 14+
- Run Time: 90 minutes with no intermission
- Presented with special arrangement by Matthew Kwatinetz
- Book by: Joe DiPietro
- Music by Brendan Milburn and Lyrics by Valerie Vigoda
- Directed by Lisa Peterson with Musical Direction by Ryan O’Connell
- Featuring: Valerie Vigoda and Wade McCollum