We hold the health of one another in our hands. Vaccinations are extremely effective and are the best tool we have to keep one another safe.
As of January 05, 2023 (Subject to change)
Shared Code of Conduct
BY RESERVING A TICKET TO A PERFORMANCE OR EVENT, EACH GUEST MUST AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS LISTED BELOW.
THESE PROTOCOLS APPLY TO ALL EVENTS AT THE THEATRES OF EMERSON COLLEGE:
Emerson Cutler Majestic Theatre, Emerson Paramount Center (Robert J. Orchard Stage, Jackie Liebergott Black Box, and Bright Family Screening Room), and Tufte Performance and Production Center (Semel Theater and Greene Theater)
THESE PROTOCOLS APPLY TO YOU AND EACH MEMBER OF YOUR PARTY.
If you are booking tickets for others, please ensure they are aware of and agree to these protocols.
- I will wear a well-fitted 3-ply face mask (N95s, KN95s, and surgical masks recommended), at all times when indoors at the theatre, except while actively eating or drinking concessions. No gaiters, bandanas, or masks with vents are allowed. I understand that this is also required for all guests and staff, the only exception being for performers when they are on the stage.
- If feeling sick, experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or having been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, I will stay home. Our box office will allow you to refund or exchange performance tickets at any time prior to the event. No one should come to the venue if they are not feeling well.
- I understand that if I am not abiding by any of the above guidelines, a staff member will ask that I comply. If I am unwilling to do so, I will leave the theatre as instructed.
It is within our values to create a safe space for everyone, full stop. All staff at the Theatres of Emerson College are working to ensure the health and safety of all who are sharing these spaces. Maintaining our community’s health and safety requires the effort of all involved. By committing to this Shared Code of Conduct, you are not only protecting yourself, but fellow guests, artists, and staff. Please do all you can to help keep all of us safe. We cannot wait to see you at the theater!
ADDITIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
In addition to the protocols outlined in the Shared Code of Conduct, we have taken the following precautions to ensure that our venues provide the optimal environment for our guests.
- Emerson College has installed HEPA filters and pre-filters with a MERV rating of 13 (hospital grade) in all the buildings. The ventilation is top-down, rather than a less-desired cross-ventilation system, meaning the air is supplied from above and falls toward the ground. Outside air is introduced at a minimum of 20% during cold and hot weather, and closer to 50% during more mild months. When air temperature is between 45-60 degrees and humidity less than 50%, we have the ability to introduce outside air at the rate of 100%.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venues.
- We are encouraging guests to choose digital tickets or mailed tickets as their delivery method to reduce lines at the box office prior to performances, and we feature contactless ticketing for venue entry with use of scanners.
- All Emerson College community members (students, faculty and staff) are required to attest to vaccination to be on campus. Further, Emerson College community members are required to participate in weekly Covid testing to further assure safety.
Any prospective guest with questions or concerns about health safety protocols is encouraged to contact the Box Office. Representatives are available Tue-Sat, 12pm-6pm, by phone at 617-824-8400 or by email at email@example.com.