Public Health Information
ArtsEmerson’s utmost priority is the safety of our staff, the students, the artists and the audiences.
August 01, 2021: We are in ongoing conversations with our local theater colleagues, the COVID team at Emerson College, and of course, we are following the developments in various media and news outlets. We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt our protocols as needed.
Based on present information available from local, state and national public health agencies, we are currently leaning toward the following:
- Events are being ticketed based on 100% of venue capacity.
- Masks are required for all guests and staff within venues (the only exception being for performers when on stage).
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venues.
- We are encouraging guests to choose digital tickets or mailed tickets as their delivery method to reduce lines at the box office prior to performances, and we feature contactless ticketing for venue entry with use of scanners.
- Emerson College has installed HEPA filters in all the buildings. The ventilation is top-down, rather than a less-desired cross-ventilation system, meaning the air is supplied from above and falls toward the ground.
- While proof of vaccination will not be required for guests, all Emerson College community members (students, faculty, and staff) are required to attest to vaccination before being allowed on campus this Fall. Further, Emerson College community members are required to participate in weekly COVID testing.
This list was created in collaboration from the CDC and the city of Boston. We are also continuing our efforts to establish additional guidelines to enact a plan that fulfills our promise of ensuring the well-being of all audiences, artists, and staff. We will be keeping this page up to date regarding all public health concerns and procedures. Any prospective ticket buyer with concerns about health safety protocols is encouraged to call our box office at 617-824-8400.